One of the attractions at Seoul Tower is a Teddy Bear Museum. When I visited the tower in October for the first time, I gave an indignant "no" when asked if I wanted the combo ticket for the observatory and tb museum. I'm not six, right? Well, on the second trip I wisened up when I heard this museum isn't the history of teddy bears- rather, it's the history of Korea as illustrated with stuffed animals. Yes please!
We spent all of ten minutes meandering through the museum (in my opinion that's about the right amount of time to spend in a museum anyway). Hysterical laughing ensued, and we didn't leave with much new knowledge about our resident country, but what did you expect from a bunch of teddy bears? (Or a sleuth of bears as I should correctly say.)
I can't remember an ounce of the history lesson behind these twenty displays but there was music for each scene and the bears were motorized to move- too funny.
 |
| An agrarian scene- they still grow pumpkins on roofs now and spread the chili peppers on the sidewalks to dry. |
 |
| King Somebody. I'm guessing King Sejong the Great who invented the Korean writing system, but that's my guess because he's the only king I know.... |
 |
| By far the best scene- a teddy bear firing squad! |
Wow, too funny!
ReplyDelete