Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cheery Cherry Blossoms

Last weekend I took a little jaunt to the area of Seoul called Yeouido, along the Han River, to see the cherry blossoms in bloom.  There's a huge cherry blossom festival on the South coast of Korea in a city called Chinhae but I wasn't willing to ride a bus for five hours each way to see the trees.  Still, the cherry blossom-lined streets I drive on every day didn't quite satisfy me, so going to Seoul was the compromise.

The city closed down a few streets behind the National Assembly building along the Han River so I took a stroll in the sunshine.... with 3/4 of the people of Seoul it seemed.  As always I'm disappointed by my photography skills but you get the idea- it was a lovely day to be outside.





Street vendors were selling treats like cotton candy and meat on a stick- who would choose these dried, pressed, stinky squid jerky cakes instead?  No thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Do you think this is what Washington D C looks like minus the street vendors? Thanks for posting the pictures and updating your blog. JR

    ReplyDelete