A few pictures of my Friday afternoon spent bonding with my co-workers. Don't worry, taxpayers, we weren't on the clock.
A Korean game that's essentially Foot Volleyball with the rules of volleyball and soccer combined. I'm no good at either sport so combining them made me doubly bad.
Lunch and rice wine (cold and milky-looking but served in a tea kettle). In Korean culture it's considered rude to pour your own drinks, including non-alcoholic. The hostess pours drinks for everyone in order of age with the oldest person first and youngest person last and then the youngest person fills the hostess' cup. I understand this is a very long-standing tradition rooted in respect for elders, but at every Korean meal I'm constantly thirsty. The little cups are hardly Big Gulp size, and after eating salty and spicy food I chug my water quickly and am left thirsty until the hostess notices.
After lunch we wandered through a museum about this dude, Dasan Jeong Yak-Yong. My co-workers compared him to a Korean Leonardo DaVinci.
Spring is finally here!
No comments:
Post a Comment