Our new pad is very photogenic so enjoy some pictures:



California here we come. In a Hyundai.
Main living area. I'm waving at the camera from the entryway like a huge dork.
The apartment came furnished, and we already plan to smuggle this jackpot lounge couch back to the States with us. The white thing in the corner is the air conditioning unit, and the sliding doors lead to a deck that can be screened in. Off the deck are trees, crickets, and devil roosters who crow continuously.
Oh, and huuuuuge spiders, but more on that another time.
The kitchen, obviously. Through the doorway is the utility room. Sadly you can't see the easy access door in the front of the fridge. There's a portal in the door to grab a beer easily without having to open the whole front door. Great design because if you need a beer it would be entirely too cumbersome to have to open more than a mini-hatch.
Guest bathroom with amazing walk-in shower.
Guest bedroom all ready for our first visitors.
Master bedroom with heavenly custom closets.
The view out the master bedroom window. Trees first then rice paddies.
Not pictured: the third bedroom full of Army gear, the gigantic pile of empty boxes in the living room corner, and the touches of love like wall decorations and plants.
Sweet. Does it have the heated floors? Let me guess, the rent is EXACTLY Andrew's BAH? Have a Soju Green for me tonight.
ReplyDeleteRight on. Heated floors and rent is precisely the BAH allotment. I'm not sure yet what utilities we pay for- I think cable and internet and water are included but we pay for electricity and gas? I've had the purple soju but not green so I'll try that next.
ReplyDeleteSoju Green is the brand...not the color. This is better soju compared to Jinro...that gives really bad headaches.
ReplyDeleteI really wanted some Korean food this weekend. Steph said that we could go after church today...but the only Korean restaurant in Savannah is not open for lunch on Sunday...so we settled on Mexican. I'm going to the Korean restaurant in Hinesville sometime next week if only by myself!
Hey, I forgot to ask...can you/do you want to drive? Can you get a SOFA driver's license?
ReplyDeleteYou place looks really nice. Mark your calender for the inlaws/outlaws to arrive at your place in May!
ReplyDeleteAndy, with my stateside driver's license and a 4 hour class/test, I got a SOFA driver's license. Driving can be a little unnerving at times but I'm trying to not be a scaredy-cat.
ReplyDeleteJoanie, see you in May! We're excited to show you around.
Your apt looks great and so big. Are they all like that or are you and Andrew special?Don't use all those military terms like BAH and Soju green,ppppurple soju and Jinro. Now explain that all to me. What is a sofa drivers license? It's beginning to feel like fall weather here. Our new quarterback did well for his first game with the Vikings. We'll see how the next game goes. Keep the info coming. Love,Grandma Marianne
ReplyDeleteLooks like a pretty spacious place! I thought for some reason, that it would be much smaller. Love the couch!
ReplyDelete