A long overdue post about a staple here in Korea: hot garb. It's an assortment of fried foods sold on the street that our friend Mark very aptly named hot garb; first because if you buy enough it's served in a steaming garbage bag and secondly because after eating it you feel like garbage the next day. Eating hot garb is not recommended if it's before 9pm or if you've had less than two beers, as evidenced below:
 |
| Mrs. Kim's Stand, where the frying oil has likely not been changed since she last changed her hairstyle. |
 |
| Zoomed in on the menu. We stick to a strict order of tots, mozz sticks and chicken nuggs.. |
 |
| These bins of previously frozen fare sit outside all hours of the day and night. But once fried I'm sure they're the epitome of fresh and healthful food, right? And don't forget your dixie cup full of ketchup! |
I missed this adventure when we were in Korea! Since I am such a fan of fried food I am sure we would have ordered everything!! J
ReplyDelete