Thursday, June 16, 2011

May Days

May was a spectacular month for me because I got to go HOME for the first time in almost two years.  An opportunity came up for a week long training for work so I pounced on it and also took a week's leave beforehand to spend some quality time with my high-quality family.  I got home just in time for Mother's Day with my mom and Courtney's first Mother's Day and birthday celebration where we took this picture.  (Sidenote: I'd appreciate anyone with serious skills to Photoshop Andrew into the photo too.)  I was giddy and ecstatic to be at home!  Best of all was meeting my niece Stella, Mike and Courtney's five-month-old angel.  I had a glorious 24 hours with Joanie & Darwin in Salem, I bought everything I could get my  hands on, I enjoyed some delicious food (even Korean for one meal), and I even brushed up on my electrical engineering knowledge.  After two weeks I returned to my true home in Korea with Andrew, feeling rejuvenated and looking forward to our last 14 or so months here before god-willing we return to that country we love and nearer to those families we cherish.
 
More posts are pending, most notably a post about our trip to Hong Kong over Memorial Day.  I had to return from the States in time for another vacation- what a rough life!

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of your family. Stella is so cute! JR

    ReplyDelete